Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Maun Vrat

Caution: Severe Bullshit Alert at the link that explains the title.
Looking for a quick KCRW fix this morning, I discovered they (and every other internet radio station I listen to, including radio David Byrne) were observing a "Day of Silence" in protest against the soon-to-be-levied royalties, in support of the Internet Radio Equality Act. Read all about it here.
After agonizing for about 30 seconds over whether or not, as a permanent resident, I was entitled to do so, I called Senator Kohl's office. Apparently the Kohlster had stepped out, but the nice lady at the phones promised to convey my concern to him.
I justified my temerity thus: if I could blog about it, I could call the senator. After all, I wasn't, heaven forfend, voting for the senator; I was merely stating my opinion to him, just as I'm doing on this blog to all of you out there, blessed citizens of this (and/or any other) Great Nation(s). Just so the Senator wasn't led astray by some dastardly immigrant, I clarified my status here with the nice lady on the phone.
You should call your senator, too, if you want to be able to listen to good music, or new music, often both. Oh, and vote in the next election.

No comments: