Sunday, November 9, 2008

Something for something

Attorney Adorable and Wonder Boy treated us to lunch at the Brasserie today, capping a week in which we had a huge turn-out for Monday Night Squash (a.k.a Vilas Dads Beer Group), elected a new president on Tuesday, celebrated A's birthday on Wednesday, played squash with The Boy (as usual) on Thursday, supped with The Fam on Friday, and pretty much napped all day on Saturday, before ordering out from Bandung last night (see previous post).
We ate at Lombardino's for A's birthday. As usual, a high quality meal; I had a half-portion of the "Straw and hay" pasta, notable for the slow-cooked chicken deliciousness, followed by a "Beef and Brussels" steak on polenta which was downright sinful. I should say I actually wanted the Cobia again, but decided to work my way down the list instead - with happy results. A had the "Tortelloni ala Bolognese", which was a two-thumbs-up-way-up situation, as I understand. Now the truly pleasant surprise, in all this, was actually how good the "wine special" Chianti Classico was; I had had it last week when we had our "family date night" (also the Night of the Cobia), and it was still good.
A's Mom made a so-called "lamb o' leg" on Friday; this one was off the rack, so to speak, in that it was ready to stick into the oven from Trader Joe's. Very nice. TJ's is a place which has made its name in surprises, both pleasant and unpleasant. In that if you're out of ideas, you can get some really good stuff there; but if you're looking for something specific, you best not waste time trawling the aisles hopelessly.
Thanks, AA and WB! We enjoyed our sandwiches - and of course your company - a lot. Enough that we are eating only steamed broccoli for dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I like Attorney Adorable and Wonder Boy!

-MNaked, who can't figure out how to get OpenID to work any more.

Rokeach said...

Sorry, but believe it or not, I got spammed by some dude/dudess writing in a suspiciously Oriental script. Seeing that you're my only reader (not even A pretends to have any interest) besides a Chinese/Taiwanese spammer trying to sell (I think) packaged noodles, I'm now wondering if this OpenID thing was a mistake. Otoh (and you know, I think you will believe this, I actually like to say "otoh..." to make A giggle sometimes), I do that for your blog, so what the hey.

Anonymous said...

Fair enough, Mogambo.

But I will remember this, when I am only one of millions posting comments on your blog, and they are all enjoying Open ID.

-MNaked