Friday, July 20, 2007

Post interim

Whilst I'm still contemplating my navel, to those of you who are chary of commenting, it should be apparent that the tedious log-in and account-creating gremlins have been banished. The toothsome delicacies I describe will be back; this jackanape is going nowhere. I'm not promising that attitudes of old are going to be swept away like freshet under a culvert, but I'll say this: A and I are looking forward to visiting the Osteria Papavero next week ( I had an octopus stew that blew the mind to parts eternal the last time), and I will have a full report.

As to the rest, I refer you to the font of eternal wisdom - and vocab.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, I should have posted these for you too:

- benthic
- hackamore

Rokeach said...

You got me, doc! I guessed the following:
Benthic: something to do with the philosphy of Jeremy Bentham (dead wrong).
Hackamore: A blackamoor who's also a hack (q.v.)

Someone should put a hackamore on me before I expose my benthic vocab to more ridicule.