Friday, January 22, 2010

The Supremes

I finally understand the rage that my pro-life friends - oh, alright, who am I kidding, I have no pro-life friends, just pro-life acquaintances, and fake-smile-and-thank Western-Civility-acquaintances at that. At any rate, I can finally empathize with pro-life lunatics.

I refer to the last Supreme Court decision to allow unfettered corporate funds in electioneering, made in defiance of all precedent and tradition. Yes, I hear you, watching a liberal defend tradition - but I have two words for you, while I sip some nice whisky: British Constitution (was anyone else brought up on Wodehouse, or do I have to explain the sobriety test ante breathalyzer): that is to say, there is none, and look at Britain. The right wing of that country, as is well-known, makes some progressives in the US look like rivers-of-blood Powell-ites.

Anyway; as I was saying, I finally feel the rage of the lunatic right. Roe v. Wade : Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission.

No comments: